Monday, July 29, 2013

Chapter 55: The Road to Croatia (Part 3)

For Part 3 and on I will be sharing my favorite moments of the trip in Croatia. There is so much that I remember from the that almost every moment would be #1. I will be telling only Top 10 moments beginning with #10 and working my way towards the best moment in Europe. If you guys have been reading past blogs posts, I have done this before with the semesters last year...even the summer events that happened a year ago. Ok, I'll just get right to it...

Top 10 Favorite Moments: Croatia (Europe) 10, 9, and 8

#10: Castle Time
During the 6 weeks overseas in the country of Croatia our team (Me and Rod) did do some sight seeing...well I did Rod has been there many times I have lost count but I had a chance to see a couple of castles while I was there. One of those castle was right smack in the middle of the city...well almost in the middle. I was told that this particular castle was not too bad but I though it looked pretty decent, haha from the outside. I didn't not go in for the usual look around. The next time, Me and Rod came back to that same castle later on in the 2nd of the project (in Varazdin again) where our readers/friends now Ana, Dejana and her friend Vana basically took us inside the castle for the took. Going into anyone of theses things it is a ton of history inside those castle. Towards the end of project, Yura took me and Rod out to the "real castle" was at up in a city called Trakoscan. Yeah, this was like nearly the real thing I mean this castle was sitting on top of hill, a lake sitting in the back.  This like everyone pretty much told me was beautiful...and of course lots and lots of history inside of it. For a bonus the three of (Yura, Rod, and Myself) when into Slovenia for like maybe 10 minutes just to see what they are like and every country is different unlike the US.

#9 LST Party #2 K-State 
This might be the first of a couple parties that are in this countdown. God blessed us with just wonderful and awesome parties and I was very happy about each and every one of them. Yes, the K-State one makes the list at #9. I believe this was the second week of the project and Rod came up with this one where we basically talk about the well K-State. A little background story about the university and we also talk the Wabash that takes place of course during K-State athletic games. We did a demonstration to the students/church members that were there that evening and we might have been off a little bit, haha and then so were the people there, lol. To wrap up the night, Me and Rod both showed pics and talked about what we do for K-State.

#8 Spending Time with Readers: Part 1: Vesna
Again on this category here there is at least one more. As I said in the beginning there are so many memories from the trip that stand out. And with one of the readers that I met...well this one was Rod's reader but I met Vesna this summer and hahaha I cannot really come up with one word. Well maybe at least one when I was in Varazdin...mother. Lol, yeah like Vesna told me during pretty much most of the project that she can be the mother while I'm in Croatia. I met her right off the plane when i arrive and when first gotten a chance to know her I thought she was one of the leaders or a spokesperson for the church. Didn't really turn out that way but she likes the program of LST. Yeah, I have a few stories when Me and Rod had a chance to hangout with her in the city but I will tell this mini story so eating dinner on the first night in town me, Mladen, Rod, and Vesna everybody is eating soup except me I wanted some more than that I just came off the plane and I was hungry. Wanted something more solid, anyway besides soup everyone got what they order and I got a huge pizza with everything on it. Vesna was not that excited about my decision and made fun of me through out the project about it in a good way. Vesna would encourage me to try some...MOST of the food that she made too. I need to try other food which I did by the way. I would probably get tired of pizza after maybe two weeks, haha maybe.

To Be Continued...
EG3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment