Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Chapter #54 The Road To Croatia Part #2

Continuing the recap of my summer mission trip to Croatia...

So landing finally in the country of Croatia first coming to a stop in the capital city of Zagreb for about an hour before completing the trip heading towards my destination of Varazdin. I'm mean just the scenery looked around the city felt a whole lot different. Me and my teammate for this mission trip Rod came off the plane meeting Mladen the pastor of the church one there and one of Rod's readers who came last summer Vesna.

To wrap up kind of a long flight over from the US to the states the third leg of the trip was a little bit rowdy, lol. Sitting not all the way in the back but close to back where I can hear all of the little ones (babies) I guess taking care of business in a funny way...

Back to the scenery, well I didn't think that countries would have their own highways but they do, lol. There is maybe a sight difference with the highways in Croatia than in the states and then of course you  got the language which is Croatian. The first few weeks of the trip I had ice cream. Haha, no I didn't just have ice cream, I had gelato which is just a bit different from ice cream but hey it is still ice cream same thing. Also, with that I met the rest of Mladen's family during the rest of the first week there. I was pretty active trying to get used to living in whole different country.

The readers that I gotten a chance to work with with on this project this summer were really good. It was a blessing to have the chance to get to know all of my readers, work with them and have the opportunity to get to know them outside of the reading sessions as well. I enjoy my time with all of them. I started off with about 13 readers some of them made it all the way until the end of some others just waited until the fall for another chance to work on their English. To wrap this part of the trip up here are the names of some of the my readers that work with in Croatia.

Readers and Shoutouts to...
Dejana
Nada
Dario
Dubravka
Mladen F.
Natasha
Ivanka
Jasmika
Ljubimka
Goran
Valentina
Vanja

*EG3
(To Be Continued)



No comments:

Post a Comment